Optio H90 Not Recognized as Removeable Disk
Q: My Optio H90 is connected to the computer, but is not recognized as a removable disk.
A: Check that [MSC] is set as the camera's USB connection mode. Note: If [PTP] is set as the camera's USB connection mode, the camera is not recognized correctly as a USB mass storage device and the images cannot be viewed.
-- Procedure for changing the USB connection mode (from PTP to MSC) --
1. Press the power switch. (Capture mode)
2. Press the MENU button.
3. Press the four-way controller (right) once to display [Setting].
4. Press the four-way controller (down) 6 times to select [USB Connection].
5. Press the four-way controller (right) once to display [MSC] and [PTP].
6. Press the four-way controller (down) once to select [MSC].
7. Press the OK button to change the USB connection mode to [MSC].
8. Press the MENU button. (Capture mode)
• Check that the camera and computer ends of the USB cable are both inserted fully into the connection sockets.
• If the computer has multiple USB ports, try using another port.
• If the camera is connected via a USB hub, connect it directly to the computer.